EXPERIENCES. Which experiences are “worth it” to you? Totebaggers may disagree on whether the following are worth spending money on:
- Concerts (non-classical). For this Totebagger, concerts are uniformly not worth it: too expensive, too LOUD, and too late at night. I have only been to a handful during my life, and found the Depeche Mode one the best. (I saw U2 in 2001, and Bono was unfortunately flat during many of the songs!)
- Concerts (classical). Definitely worth it, but at choral concerts I find myself wishing I was performing instead of watching/listening.
- Opera – Nope, unless one of my friends is performing.
- Ballet – yes for the Nutcracker or similar fairy tale; for the modern ballets, I would go more if I had a non-DH friend to go with.
- Broadway musicals. Worth it! I plan to see “Hamilton” later this year.
- Plays. YAWN, except for comedies (“Noises Off” and similar).
- Live sports. Pass, other than the Red Sox once a year.
- Kid shows (Disney on Ice and similar). We have so far managed to avoid going to these!
What about other Totebaggers? I know some of you are bigger sports fans than I! What is the most you have ever spent on a live event ticket? My max is $150.